COMPREHENSIVE VOICE INSTRUCTION
GOALS OF THE STUDIO PROGRAM
- To ensure that each student achieves musical literacy and understanding.
- To stimulate each student’s natural creativity.
- To teach the basic fundamentals of music so that they may be applied to any musical situation.
- To provide a balance of music and musical experiences to enable each student to develop individual musical taste.
- To provide opportunities for sensitive listening and to help each student learn to evaluate self and others accurately and positively.
IN PURSUIT OF THE ABOVE GOALS,
THE STUDIO OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
PRIVATE LESSON INSTRUCTION
Each student receives one 45 or 30 minute lesson on a weekly basis. This is a private one to one session in which the fundamentals of using the voice are taught along with learning appropriate vocal literature.
Group instruction will be held periodically throughout the contract term. This time permits us to utilize peer instruction and peer interaction to stimulate learning, provides more time with students as well as offering the time necessary to teach the essential subject matter. It gives the student numerous opportunities to share musical experiences and to gain ease in performance and skill in listening.
A WELL-BALANCED CURRICULUM
Vocal literature will cover a variety of musical periods and vocal styles. Each student will only sing literature that is appropriate for his/her level of study and level of vocal development.
The studio faculty includes a full-time teacher who holds both bachelor and masters degrees in vocal performance. The instructor has professional choral, opera and oratorio experience as well as extensive study and performance in the art song repertoire.